Thomas V. Murray
Lawrence High School
Tom has been an advocate for LHS since his high School days in the mid 196o's. He graduated from LHS in 1965, he then received a B.A. from the University of Kansas in 1969 and a J.D from the University of Michigan Law School in 1972.
He is very proud that he and his wife Cindi's two children both graduated from Lawrence High School.
He was very instrumental in getting the new Football Stadium for Lawrence High as well as the addition of the arch.
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
• U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
• U.S. Supreme Court
• Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers 2013, 2014
• Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ Rating
• Listed in Who's Who in American Law; Who's Who In America
• Named Chairman of Kansas Board of Law Examiners, 2006
• Fellow of the American Bar Foundation American Bar Association
• Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Regional Vice President, 1994-1997; Director, 1997-1999 Defense Research Institute
• Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Director, 1993-1998
• Kansas Bar Association, President, Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section, 1982-1983 Kansas Bar Foundation, Trustee, 1999-2005
• Member, Kansas Board of Law Examiners, 1995-2013; Chairman, 2006-2013
• Adjunct Professor, University of Kansas School of Law, 1980 (Evidence); Lecturer, University Kansas Bar Review Course, 1975-1982 (Evidence)
• First National Bank of Lawrence, Director (1980 -1991) Reuter Organ Co. Lawrence, Director (1991 -present)
• Member, Board of Education, U.S.D. 497, Lawrence, 1991-1995
• Member, Advisory Board, Hall Center for the Humanities, University of Kansas, 1988-present Member, Board of Directors, Lawrence Chamber of Commerce, 1993-1995
• Lawrence Emergency Service Counsel (1998-2002)
• Lawrence Lions Alumni Association Board of Trustees (1996 - 2004)